Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good Reads


I can't believe I waited 26 years to read "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis. Wow! I highly recommend it.

And now that I've finished stuffing my brain with important, relevant, and useful information, I'm going to begin reading "Confessions of a She-Fan" by Jane Heller. This woman wrote my book, stole my idea, lived my life. Oh well, at least I'll enjoy reading about it!

(Just a note. In the time betwixt drafting this post and publishing it, I've found Ms. Heller's account to be interesting, yet vulgar. So, she stole my dream, then added many a four-letter word to make it her own. My version would have been much better.)
(And a second note. In the time betwixt the first note and this one, I've almost finished the book. While Ms. Heller is "living the dream" as far as I'm concerned, I am less than impressed with her book. "It's a good lasagna, but not a great lasagna.")

No comments: