Thursday, September 16, 2010

Marci and Avi

My awesome cousin, Marci, got married last week!! And thus ends a year of three weddings and three babies on my side of the family...five babies on Luke's side. Combined with other family happenings, this has indeed been (for better or worse) an exciting year. We have been richly blessed.
I took only one picture...of Gus passed out in the car after the wedding...but thanks to my newfound ability to steal from other people's blogs and facebook, here are a few wedding photos. The first, of Luke, Reillee (out like a light), Avi, Marci, and I at the reception.
My sister did their wedding photos.




Aren't they beautiful?!


Marci and all her brothers. Marci is the only girl in her fam, and Avi is the only boy in his...they are both happy to now have sisters and brothers.
It was a wonderful day!!
Driving home from the reception, Luke and I discussed the merits of wedding reception locations. I mentioned that I want to do our kids' receptions in our backyard. As you can imagine, that led to a huge guffaw and some of the following ideas...
*floating candles in the kiddie pool
*don't touch the fence, it's about to collapse
*no, no, no, you have to FILL the tank first, then the toilet will flush
*dandelion tiaras for the bridesmaids
*color scheme of rust and blue...to match the swingset
You get the picture. Looks like I'll be needing to fix that toilet sometime in the next 15-20 years!

No comments: