Thursday, June 16, 2011

Plain Bread

I had a big, long, sentimental end of the school year post for today....but it will have to wait until later because the Boss has a story to tell:

I was standing in the kitchen cutting brownies (not for us) a minute ago, and Sam walked in, stood at my feet quietly for a minute, then timidly said,

"I been soooo nice today, so could I have a brownie?....or just some plain bread...."

I had to turn around so she couldn't see me laugh. It was like she was resigned to her pitiful fate. I can't wait until she's older and tells her kids, "We never got dessert. Just some plain bread!" (At which point I will remind her that she would have gotten plenty of dessert if she would have eaten her dinner occasionally.)

I'm going to go have MY dessert now....or just some plain bread...

1 comment:

The Huskinson's said...

That is so cute! I love reading the funny things that she says.