Monday, February 17, 2014

Victories and Disasters

I kind of miss blogging.  In the past year or two, it has gone the way of reading, scrapbooking, and showering...becoming something I only do on rare and special occasions.

But the kids aren't any less hilarious, and life in our crazy family certainly hasn't stopped.  

I miss sitting down at the end of the day, or week, and laughing to myself about all of the highs and lows, the victories and the complete disasters.

So here we go:

Today's high:  Baseball practice has begun.
Joshua is on the GIANTS!!  And his coach gave a short and sweet speech to start the season that went something like this, 

"There's no crying in baseball."

It's going to be a good season, I can tell.

Today's low:  My foot.
After two weeks, it still isn't better...but if I walk like an old lady you can't even tell I am limping...probably because you are too busy wondering why I am walking like an old lady.

Today's victory:  Reillee deciding that it was okay to use the public restroom. 

After dancing around for ninety minutes, she said,

"I just told myself in my head, 'Oh fine!  You can go on the loud potty!'"

Today's disaster:  Realizing that my three year old can read the word "Cheetos"...the disaster being that I,who haven't exercised in two weeks because I have a broken toe, was chowing the Cheetos.

(She really can read, it's pretty cool.)

1 comment:

Linds said...

Ouch that looks really painful!