Thursday, November 01, 2018

October Quotables 2018

Matthew fell and hit his head today.  I was trying to comfort him, but also reminding him about how often I had told him not to do the thing that led to the fall.  Eventually, he put his hand on my mouth and said, “Can you just scratch my back and stop talking?!”


Zackary is terrified of our Halloween decorations.  Now I can’t wait to go trick or treating!


My sweet friend threw me a baby shower this month.  It was a freezer meal prep party.  Isn’t that the BEST baby shower ever?!  I think so, too.  Except, let’s be honest, I’ll probably use the meals in those last miserable weeks of pregnancy.


Matthew continues to be my little engineer.  He is constantly looking for answers, instructions, methods, and timelines.  He can remember an entire day’s agenda, and is always saying things like, “Mom, you forgot to do the laundry before you read me a story.”  He also likes to explain back to me how things work.  “Mom.  When the car is on D, you need to put your foot on the brake to stop.  If you want to move forward, then you push on the gas.  The gas makes the smoke come out of the back of the car.  If you put it in P, then you can rev the engine and make lots of smoke come out.  I will just pretend to drive and rev the engine.”  Vocabulary?  Logical thinking?  Ratting out Joshua for sitting in the driver’s seat and reviving the engine?  If only anyone could understand his speech!


Sam:  Sometimes I think that adults pretend to be sick or injured so that they can just sit around and watch movies and eat snacks while the kids do all the work.  At least, I know I’m going to do that when I’m grown up.

Matthew:  Last night, Jesus told me that I can change the world!!

No comments: