Friday, January 27, 2006

To Grandma's house we go...

We're heading up to Turtle grandma's house tonight to visit, get the playpen, and go to Monster Jam. Actually, Luke is just taking Willie to the truck show...I think the girls will go out and do something a little more decorous (is that a word?)

I'm thinking of spending all day Saturday at the outlet mall, on my feet. Ever since my doctor's appointment on Wednesday, I've been having contractions every time I'm on my feet. While it's miserable, I'm glad that things seem to be moving right along. I'll do anything to get this baby out, so maybe a day of walking around is in order.

My visiting teacher's were over the other day and asked me if we had thought of names for the baby. EmJ, who usually speaks to no one, said, "Carver. Carver Adams." This poor kid is going to have a strange nickname whether he/she likes it or not! Emmeline has started referring to the unborn as Carver and has even made a card and pictures and things for Carver. When she meets the baby we'll have to be sure include Carver as a second middle name or we'll have one upset three year old!

For real's though, we tried it out as a middle name for a boy, but I think it sounds like the name of a serial killer and Luke thinks it sounds like a last name...like naming your kid Benjamin Franklin or George Washington...it just doesn't work! Poor Emmeline!

That's it for today! Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Where there is no vision, there is no hope."
George Washington Carver