Friday, March 31, 2006

Happy Birthday Emmeline!!

Well, we survived Emmeline's first big kid birthday party! It was so much fun. She made the guest list all on her own. Three kids from her sunbeam class, her teacher, and three of my friends--fortunately, they have kids closer to Joshua's age, so it was good for him, too. 18 people in this apartment was a little chaotic, but at least all the food got eaten. Benjamin and Joshua cooperated by taking mid-morning naps, allowing me to finish the final food preparations and things.

We set up a small table for the kids. EmJ chose butterfly cups, plates, etc. She also chose peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with grapes and Teddy Grahams for lunch. It went over much better and cleaner than pizza! The adults got the big table with plain paper plates, taquitos, veges, etc. After they ate, the kids played pin the tail on the donkey (and every single one of them peeked out from under the mask!!!) Then we opened gifts (which no one was supposed to bring) and ate cupcakes (which EmJ decorated). We didn't sing happy birthday because the cupcakes were half gone as soon as I turned around to get the candles. Oh well!

So, it was a fun birthday. We look forward to celebrating with the family next weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Emmeline!! It sounds like she had a really fun day. I think it's great that she picked everything out that she wanted. I think I'll have pbj's for my next birthday blow out! I wish we could have been there to celebrate.