Saturday, May 13, 2006

5 Years!!!

May 12, 2006 marks five years of marriage for Luke and I. I can't believe I've been married for a fifth of my life, and yet, these past five years have gone by in a flash. We were able to spend the day yesterday at the Oakland Temple. We started in Woodland, visiting Grandma and Aunt Traci and her classroom full of animals (Emmeline held a snake!). Leaving Sac'to we drove to Oakland where Luke and I alternated attending the temple and watching the kids. We hung out in Oakland for a while...at the park, shopping, etc...then returned that evening to the Visitors' Center to watch the new Joseph Smith movie. (Amazing)! We ate a drive thru dinner, since the kids fell asleep on the way home. It was not what you'd call romantic, but at least it was quiet! We had a good laugh later as we went over the goals we had made at the start of our marriage. Some we had achieved..."start a family"...and others we, well...didn't! I can't wait to see what the ten year goal session reveals! As an anniversary gift, we bought a framed drawing of the Oakland Temple. We figured it'd be a momento of this "California Adventure!" So that's it! Happy Anniversary to us! Thank you for your well wishes!

Here's Emmeline giving blondes their stereotype--As she got ready to say prayers the other night, I told her to remember to pray for this and thank Heavenly Father for that, etc. She replied, "I don't think that hard!"

Happy Mother's day to our moms and grandmas! We love you very much!

No comments: