Saturday, July 15, 2006

San Diego

So here we are in beautiful San Diego! Luke, Benjamin, and I are here for Luke's "National Sales Meeting." Emmeline and Joshua are staying with the Grandmas and Grandpas, and are probably having more fun than us!

Because Benjamin is here, I'm not allowed to attend any of the UTI events, but I'm not complaining. On Thursday I read an entire book and watched a lot of baseball. On Friday I made 46 greeting cards, one scrapbook layout, worked out, shopped, half of another book, and put down a pint of cookies and cream ice cream!

Our hotel is connected to Petco Park, where the Padres play, and has a gorgeous view (I'll post pictures later) of the ocean. On both Thursday and Friday night, we got to see firework shows out over the water. Luke and I are on the 21st floor of the hotel, so the 'works were pretty much eye level and amazing!

I did get to attend the awards ceremony last night. Luke recieved, among other things, his "2-year service" award. We get an engraved glass plaque when we get home...don't be jealous Mom A, I'm sure it's not as cool as your 30th Anniversary one! Oh brother! Why can't they give us gift certificates for movies or food or money or something USEFUL!

Has anyone ever had "tres leche" cake? Oh my gross! It tastes like they accidentally dropped the cake in some dirty dishwater before serving it. I guess that's why I had to get that pint of ice cream last night!

Tonight we're heading off to the Padres game! Yipee! I can't wait to hear about all the fun things EmJ and Willie are doing with Gma and Gpa...and I'll post lots of pictures when we get home!

No comments: