Monday, April 30, 2007

Moving Stinks!

One of these days, I'm going to hire movers. These movers will pack, load, drive, and unload. They will do it all in one day. I will not have to lift anything. I will not have to move a piano. I will not have to move seven times when I'm actually only moving once. I will not have to let a flu-infested Benjamin run around naked while smelling like puke because I only have twenty more minutes to clean the apartment. I will not eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch from a community bowl while sitting on the kitchen floor. I will not have a community cup, either. I will not volunteer to help at church activities on the day that I have to move. (Why am I so darn nice?!) If needed, I will purchase the king of all storage units, so I don't have to scream to Willie, "Get out, this is not safe!," while "tossing" a thirty pound box full of my dishes fourteen feet in the air praying that it lands on the top of the already precariously high and leaning stack of heavy boxes. I will not have to take apart the bunk beds. Furthermore, I will hire a maid. I will stay in a hotel with a jacuzzi tub while my movers break their backs and strain their muscles. The kids will stay with grandma. I have a dream.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Where are you moving? I didn't know you were packing up, you should have called me, I would have taken the kiddos for ya!

Linds said...

Amen sister!

Stephanie said...

Oh, I hear you on that one!

Jenna said...

Wait, are you moving out of Sac? Or moving to another place in Sac?