Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nesting...

I'm not sure if I'm nesting, or just trying to avoid chaos, but I've crossed about a million little things off my list in the last few days. However, just as I got done painting the shelves, making runners for my dresser, hanging/moving/rehanging pictures, hemming curtains, catching up babybooks, and backing up digital pictures...

Luke stuck his hand through the ceiling. Yup. Leak. So, in all my trying to avoid chaos, I've not got a big fat hole in my ceiling. Thankfully, it happened on MLK day, the contractor was home, came and repaired our upstairs toilet promptly, and Luke cleaned up his demolition mess. I've still got a hole in my ceiling, but at least the mess is contained. My control-freakishness hopes it's a done deal before the baby comes...but then there will be something else, right?!

So, with five weeks to go, here's my dwindling list of projects: stencil EmJ's room, paint and set up EmJ's bunkbeds, wash the baby clothes (the hospital bag, however, is already packed...I know, I'm crazy), and catch up the scrapbooks. This summer, I scrapbooked digitally, so was able to stay pretty well caught up, so I don't have much to do. I am literally up to my elbows right now, though, in the pages (which have been wearing out my poor printer and ink supplies all day) and pictures from the summer for various other projects (to be framed, sent to family, put in babybooks, etc). I can't wait to get all the pictures and pages done tonight, such a feeling of accomplishment after they've been sitting on the computer so long.

Anyway, I'm glad to be nearing the end...of this pregnancy and of this moving/settling in process. Of course, here comes birthday season, so we'll definately stay crazy busy!

One more piece of big news before I go...with the purchase of a new car we can officially and legally drive our whole family around! We're the proud new owners of a Pilot...Luke couldn't go minivan! The best feature, according to the kids is the DVD player--yep, we're breeding ADD, entertaining the kids every second...no need to use your imagination here! I would say the best feature is that it fits us all. Imagine our annoyance this morning, though, when the passenger door refused to open...gotta love used cars...ugggghhh!

2 comments:

DJ, Angie, Amelia and Bryson said...

You are funny having your hospital bag all packed. I never had mine packed, luckily when my water broke 2 1/2 weeks early I didn't start contracting right away so I had time to pack and mosey on over to the hospital. Now that I think about it though, with how fast your labor was last time, it's a good thing you are ready!

Sucks about the hole it the ceiling. Which toilet and what ceiling?

Anonymous said...

So how exactly do you scrapbook digitally? I always see these layouts, but I don't know how to do it! Also, I totally approve of the car choice - Hondas rock. We've got an Element, and it is the perfect car (besides my Mini Cooper, of course). Good luck getting all those projects done!

-Erin Dickey

PS - thanks for the Christmas card - when we make one, I'll send it to you!