1. Don't let Gus play in the garage by himself. You'll hear something like this. "I so mad at you. You say 'Okay' ones more time, I gonna spank you and pull yours hair!" I opened the door to ask who he was talking to and he smiled and said, "Just me!"
2. Never leave babies unattended in the bath. While my attention was focused on scrubbing the toilet, Samantha decided that her pruny toes were calling. Um, sucking on toes underwater causes problems. One sputtering, coughing, sneezing bubbles baby later...
3. There is such a thing as a "chewed up." I'm not sure what it is, but my guess is that it's sort of like a "suck-on candy." Joshua came running to me with a picture yesterday. "Like it? It's a chewed up!" Yes, son, it looks like a "chewed up." You're disgusting.
4. Line drives hurt, even if they are hit using a wiffle ball. Joshua made the same kid cry twice during his baseball camp last week. He also slide tackled a second kid...and instead of apologizing, said, "See, I'm faster then you."
5. Never go back-to-school shopping with the spawn of Luke. I had to leave EmJ in the dressing room, in tears, doing eenie-meenie-meinie-mo to decide which clothes to get. Decisions are the worst.