Friday, April 10, 2009

Sore

So, I'm going out of town this weekend. Deserting my family on Easter. About an hour ago, I realized that we hadn't colored Easter eggs. Ack! So, this was our naptime project today. The kids enjoyed it, and this picture is me waving goodbye (or telling Gus to smile, or both...). T-10 minutes until Luke rolls in and I roll out!!!

And this is why I'm sore. Watermelon, red peppers, onions, chives, green beans, carrots, potatoes, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I decided this year to sprout my garden indoors, since we have such a short growing season. We'll see how it works. I've barricaded the room to save my "garden" from the Sam.
More containers.


The strawberry patch. At least, that's my goal. From three plants last year, the strawberries grew to this. Wowza! They were clustered in the back right corner, but in the last few days I've re-mounded and straightened the rows, weeded, and transplanted all the berry plants. Now we'll see what happens. My plan is to keep them in pretty rows, so if you live close and want any strawberry shoots (about July) let me know!

Seriously, I always thought that gardening for exercise was just a small step above "lazy-as-dirt." But I've repented. I'm sore--gluts, hamstrings, muscles in my back that I don't know the names of. Owwwwww!
Happy Easter everyone!!!
P.S. Who was the genius who thought to put dirt in a bag and sell it? I want to get in on that action. It was probably the same person who thought to put water in a bottle.


No comments: