Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Overload...

My pregnant senses have been on hyperdrive today...

It began when Sam picked up a small piece of orange peel off the ground and showed it too me. I told her to throw it away and forgot about it....until three hours later, in Fred Meyer, I watched in horror as she shoved it UP HER NOSE!!! Sam was fine, though the orange peel remains at large. I, however, started sneezing like crazy at the thought of something being stuck in a nostril....possibly forever....oh, even now my eyes are watering...

Then I went to my sister in law's house for some far-too-yummy pizza. Seriously, if my taster every goes bad I will cease to exist. The pizza may have been great because my pregnant mouth loves everything, or because someone had used the word "biodegrade" in connection with the still stuck orange peel and I was feeling a little less anxious, or because it was just plain good and I didn't have to make it.

Later, I headed out to Willie's first baseball practice. (He's on the Athletics, by the way!) Cue the start of spring, smell of baseball emotions...Even though it was raining, I sat the whole time loving it, watching my prodigy, smelling my mitt, and turning the ball in my hand just to feel it. I'm so pathetic.

During baseball practice, Sam grew more and more hyper until I concluded that she's being delivered toxic levels of vitamin C and potassium directly to her blood stream via a small piece of orange peel in her left nostril.

When we got home, I decided to check on Willie's plant. He recently brought home a seed from school for me to plant. As I looked at the brand new sprout, I noticed that the entire bed of dirt seemed to be...moving? It was full of maggots, or some other tiny unsightly squirmy things. I promptly tossed the entire plant into the backyard and spent the next five minutes gagging by the back door.

Then I started sneezing again when I realized Sam was dripping orange snot.

It's been a lovely day.

3 comments:

Kali said...

haha I LOVE your stories! These just made my day. Not that I am happy that you have gagged a million times... they are just funny stories. I hope you have a less gag-ful day today:)

Stephanie said...

Here's a good one for you-- my five year old had something in her mouth at Target. What was it? A piece of broken plastic she found in the parking lot! Sick!

Kitchen Kamikaze said...

Thanks for the laugh and I think I threw up a little with the story of the maggots.