Monday, September 11, 2006

Preschool

So, I'm sitting here eating stale peanut butter sandwiches and trying to catch my breath. Five four year olds? Three hours? No problem, right? Yikes! Today was MY first day of preschool. Emmeline started preschool about a month ago. We do it with the other kids at church and rotate the preschool from house to house--so this week is my week. I enjoyed today, and I'm sure I'll enjoy Wednesday, but I'm sure glad I only have school at my house every fifth week! Today confirmed what I already knew--kids intimidate me, and they smell fear! Give me a bunch of high schoolers and I'm good, preschoolers, not so good. One of the activities we did, however, was making letters with our bodies (hold your arms out to make a T, etc), and I really enjoyed that. I think on Wednesday I'll pull out a mat and teach them how to do cartwheels. I can handle cartwheels. Maybe I should just designate myself the P.E. teacher...no shapes or letters or singing at my house.

It was really interesting to see EmJ in her domain. She let everybody know the rules of the house and the best hiding spots for hide and seek. It suprised me how vocal she was, since she never usually says a word in primary or preschool. Usually she also just sits back and watches, doesn't participate at all, but in our house she opened up a little bit more.

Alright. I've sufficiently caught my breath. It's time to go clean up and get ready to do it again in a few days.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I have done that, it's exhausting!!!

Anonymous said...

Give yourself more credit...I know that you're amazing! Just take a gander at your own kids. Pull out the stamps and let them have a go at making a card!

Anonymous said...

You're a braver person than I am! Way to go!