Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Next Year?!

A frequent bedtime story around here is "Casey At the Bat." Lately, Luke's been changing the words to, "...the mighty A-Rod had struck out!" Bummer. Maybe next year. Hmmm...

I don't really have much to talk about today, but it's been a while since I've posted, so I wanted to let you all know that we're still alive and well. The house is very quiet for a change, which is very strange, but very nice. Joshua is at playgroup (he screamed bloody murder when I dropped him off, so I'm waiting by the phone for the "come and get this child" call!), Benjamin is asleep, and Emmeline went to the gym with Luke. Silence. Beautiful.

Last night we delivered Halloween treats to some friends and neighbors for Family Home Evening. We're trying to woo people into being our friends with my excellent baking abilities. Now that I'm thinking about it, that's probably why we have no friends yet...

Tomorrow, Emmeline's preschool is taking a trip to the pumpkin farm. I think I'm as excited as she is. She keeps asking if she can wear her Halloween costume to school. NO! I'm going to burn that Cinderella dress on November 1st!

Well, that's about it from us. I'm going to go clean this house and listen to the ball game while I have two free hands and some peace and quiet!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Enjoy your game! I know what you mean about how odd it is to have your house quiet, doesn't happen often around here!