Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day

I just have to share an adorable story of what happened on our severely white trash Valentine's Day...yes, we went to Denny's...yes, we took the kids...yes, we made them eat off of our plates even though it was a special occassion...

But, Benjamin tried the buffalo sauce. He first dipped his sausage in marinara (yuck), then in syrup (decent), then begged for the buffalo sauce (which I drank, but apparently spicy food does not induce labor, bummer). He stuck his sausage in the sauce then in his mouth and immediately pulled it out to say, "HOT!" He licked his lips for about two more seconds and gave us a slow, emphatic, "Oh, hot!" It was hilarious and I wish that you could hear for yourself his little voice making that great discovery. Needless to say, he went back to the syrup pretty quick!

And, just so you don't think we're completely lame...we did go out on a "real" date the next evening!

Finally, I've been tagged again--since it's related to marriage, I'll do it. Anyone who wants to do this, I tag you.

How long have you been together? 8 years on April 14th
How long did you date? 4 months
How long we're you engaged? 8 months
How old is he? 31
Who eats more? Definately me
Who eats more sweets? Me
Who said "I love you" first? Me, again, but I was tricked!
Who is taller? Luke
Who sings better? Me, but that's not saying much!
Who is smarter? People smarts=Luke Book smarts=Kirstin
Who does the laundry? Mostly me
Who does the dishes? Mostly me...just a note, though...while I keep the house "clean" day to day, it's Luke who does all the deep cleaning, Saturday chore type stuff, especially when I'm pregnant. It's awesome!
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me
Who pays the bills? Whomever picks up the mail that day
Who mows the lawn? In this house, apparently nobody! (Just kidding, as soon as we get a lawn mower it'll be all Luke!)
Who cooks dinner? Cook is a relative term...but I "prepare" the meals!
Who is more stubborn? Hmmm, I'm not sure, it depends on the situation.
Who kissed who first? Luke
Who asked who out? Luke
Who proposed? Luke...at a seniors retirement community...we were in AZ visiting his Grandma
Who is more sensitive? That may depend on the situation, (or the stage of pregnancy), but I'm more of the, "I told you I loved you when I married you, and if it ever changes, I'll let you know!", variety--so generally, I'd say Luke is more sensitive.
Who has more friends? Luke
Who has more siblings? Luke
Who "married up"? Definately Luke! (Thanks for adding that one, Bri!)

No comments: