Saturday, September 19, 2009

Indian Dance

Remember when you took piano lessons when you were a kid, and you got to the end of the first level, and you played this song...

Little Indian, little indian
Round the fire he would dance.
Little Indian, little indian
Do the indian dance.

Best song ever, right? I bet you can still play it by memory.

Weeeeellllll, EmJ is nearing the end of her first piano book, so I checked for the Indian Dance. And to my suprise, political correctness has even entered the realm of piano lessons! It is now called "Tribal Song". I think in the last edition it was "Native American Dance." In the next edition it will simply be "Campfire Celebration."

My, oh my, oh my....

And

Why, oh why, oh why....

Would you pitch to Ichiro with 2 outs in the 9th when first base is open?! Why?!

I was having a perfectly good game up until that point. I was too busy picking my jaw up off the ground to go for Ichiro's homerun ball, which was only three seats over and a row back (I totally could have crushed that Asian lady to get to it). To make matters worse, I could hear Luke cheering from four sections away. (We don't sit near each other when the Yankees are in town.) I should have known, though, in the 6th inning, that things were taking a turn for the worse. It was at that point that Samantha mooched an entire tray of garlic fries from the lady in front of us, and EmJ announced to everyone around us that she was combing Joshua's hair and searching for lice. People cleared out pretty quick.

The end.

No comments: