Monday, October 10, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes...

First of all, who posted the A-Rod comment?! Huh? I haven't been a fan of A-Rod ever since junior high when I read that he gets pedicures. My distaste was rekindled when I heard that he has a picture of himself as a centaur in his bedroom. (Okay, I could totally be spreading a rumor on that one....but I wouldn't put it past him.) Also, before the inning even started last week, I told Luke that A-Rod would strike out. I'm psychic. Or just without faith.

But here's why I'm really posting today. A great example of faith from one of my primary kids. Yesterday's lesson was about Peter and about being valiant in the testimony of Christ. My (awesome, wonderful, better than A-Rod) teacher had the kids read Matthew 19:16-19, where Jesus asks Peter, "Whom do ye say that I am?" Peter answers, "Thou art the Christ. The Son of the living God." Jesus then says, "Blessed art thou....for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but thy Father which is in Heaven."

Trying to get the kids to understand that it was through the Spirit that Peter had gained his testimony, the teacher asked, "So how did Peter KNOW that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God."

Silence. Then one boy calls out, in a voice that was clearly saying, duh...

"Well, He walked on water!"

I love it. He walked on water. Do you need any more evidence than that?! For a brief minute, I wished it were that simple. And then I realized, it is.

And, I love those kids.

No comments: