Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First Tooth! First Smile!

 At 8 years, 2 months, and 10 days, Willie FINALLY lost his first tooth.  His adult tooth is already halfway in behind it (altogether now..."Braces!"...ugh).  He was super excited, and the tooth fairy managed somehow to scrape up a dollar from the couch cushions and leave it under his pillow.  Hooray, Willie!
This isn't really Kaylyn's first smile, but it's a giant one that I mangaed to capture.  She had fallen asleep in the middle of the floor (she sleeps soooooo much...and anywhere...it's actually sort of ridiculous), and I wanted to memorialize the good sleeping days, but as soon as I wandered in with the camera, she woke up and gave me the smile instead. 
 Then she went right back to sucking her thumb...and quickly right back to sleep.
She is a super noisy, yet cute, thumb sucker.  She often wakes the boys up in the middle of the night.  Oh, I am so not looking forward to sharing a tent with her!

Which reminds me of the time (did I ever share this?) that Reillee was crying in the middle of the night.  Just as I was about to get out of bed to go get her, I heard Willie yell, "Shut UP, Reillee!"  Reillee was instantly silent, and Willie had absolutely NO recollection the next day of waking up during the night.  It's a little bit scary to wonder how that phrase got lodged in his subconscious, but the incident still makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Anyway, that's a small sampling of what we've been up to this summer.  Loosing teeth, oogling the baby, going to the beach, and playing all sorts of ball.  I am exhausted, but even so, I feel that the summer is flying by too fast and if I don't hurry I'm going to miss it.  So we'll go and go and go until we drop...or have to go back to school...or both. :)

No comments: