Sunday, November 18, 2012

Crawling

There was a time when I was a great mother.  Documenting every milestone in words, with pictures, videos, phone calls and emails to grandparents.  Nowadays, even though I get just as excited for each milestone, I also consider myself lucky if I notice it the first time...I swear one day Kaylyn will smile at me with a mouthful of teeth and I'll say, "Where did those come from?"  I did, however, manage to videotape her crawling on the first day that she truly started crawling (though she has been scooting around pretty well for 6 weeks or so...)  So, enjoy the video with me, knowng full well that she'll be riding a bike before I even realize that she can walk.

Oh, and I got to go on a mother-daughter date to see Wicked yesterday!!  I am almost as excited about that as I am about having to barricade everthing in my house and vacuum three times a day a crawler.  What a fantastic show!  Having just recently subjected my children to L. Frank Baum's classic novel, it was fun to see the parallels (I have not actually read Wicked, as the original is good enough for me)!  I sang "Loathing" to Kaylyn each of the hundred times she woke up last night. :)

No comments: