Sunday, January 26, 2014

Musical Sounds...

Today I overheard this musical vent coming from the sound of EmJ's room...

EmJ:  ...and he thinks we're rude!  We're not rude!  I'm trying to talk and dad won't let me!  He just drones on and on and on and you drone on and on and on and I can't even say the thing I am trying to say!  Rude!  He's rude!  He's being rude to his own children!

Joshua: (says something too softly for me to hear...it may  have been comforting, or it may have been about paper airplanes)

EmJ: ...and I never, ever get to do what I want to do.  I just want to write in my journal right now about how MAD I am, but I can't even do that!  (sobs, sobs, sobs)

Joshua:  Today it was Dad, tomorrow it will be Sam, and then next week it'll be Benjamin, and then the next week it will be Reillee that's rude to us.

EmJ:  And then the next week it'll be Dad!  Dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad!

(Note to self:  When dealing with moody girls, try to stifle laughter and go with second reaction.)

Dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I would probably have the same reaction - laughter. Maybe there is a reason why I only have one girl...